watching like a hawk...

Was driving through downtown Greenville this morning looking for picture opportunities and something caught my eye.  I pulled over, got out of my Land Rover and approached the bird.  Originally I thought someone had "propped up" a dead bird on the sidewalk so I thought I would take a couple of low vantage point shots.  As I got close and kneeled down to take the shot, the bird's head quickly turned right towards me and the eyes opened!  My heart skipped a couple of beats...  After I settled down, I approached slowly with my M8 and took a few shots from several directions.  Afterwards, I couldn't resist.  I took one shot with my latest camera (the Polaroid 250 Land Camera).  I hope to scan some of these photos later and end up with a neat post from the Polaroids.  Later determined that the bird is probably a baby hawk.  Look at those feet/talons and look at those eyes.  I think you can see that he was watching me like a hawk...


No comments:

Post a Comment