sunset (without the family)...

Was out in the field behind our backyard fence trying to take some test shots for a family photo at sunset.  I was taking most of my pictures with the sun behind my back trying to see how the golden light was reflecting off from the trees.  When I was done, I turned around and took a few shots of the sunset trying to get the Zeiss 35mm lens to flare on the M8 camera.  The flare seemed to partially work, got the starbust, and a little image artifact of the aperture blades.  I processed the image in Color Efex Pro and used a graduated neutral density filter to increase the orange from the top down.  I know this is opposite of a true sunset, but it seems to create an eerie feeling.  I had the aperture nearly wide open and most of the silhouettes are out of focus, but with silhouettes this doesn't seem to matter.  Looking forward to the family photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment