the sign...

I have travelled I-30 from Greenville to DFW Airport more times than I can count. Almost every time that I make this trip, I see things that I wish I had time to stop and photograph.  If you know me, you would know that I always have my camera with me (at a minimum, my iPhone), so that is never the reason.  Usually the reason is that I am running late.  Every time that I pass this sign on the way home, I think about stopping.  Has the looks of an interesting area.  But I never seem to have time.  A few weeks ago I decided that it was time to stop.  I saw the sign and took the exit.  Realized almost immediately that the only thing interesting about the area was the sign.  It was on the edge of a riverbed and the grass was almost as tall as my Land Rover.  Because of the area, I wasn't about to get out of the car so I just crossed my fingers and headed towards the sign.  My worst fears were finding out that someone lived under the bridge (and didn't want me there) or running over a dead body in the tall grass.  Well, all of the fears disappeared when I got positioned and started taking pictures.  The sun was low, the light was golden and the sky was blue.  All of the "signs" were pointing to a great picture...  

No comments:

Post a Comment