the bride...

I shared this story with the group on Friday night, but I would have to say that I had a hard time getting it all out.  Trey asked us to tell him of people that we saw Jesus "in" during the week.  As others were telling their stories, I was trying to go through all of my pictures in my head to see if any of them reminded me of Jesus.  The one that popped into my head was this.  I asked one of the men if I could take his picture ("una foto por favor").  He looked a little taken back, but he shook his head yes.  After he looked at the picture, he pointed to the lady next to him and asked me to take her picture.  I took her picture and showed it to her and then to him.  His first response was "bonito" (beautiful), then he looked at her (she smiled) and he said "muy bonito" (very beautiful).  I assume that they were husband and wife, but I can't for sure tell you that.  I just know that his response to her reminded me of Christ's relationship with the church.  We aren't alway pretty.  We have our days when we look sorta dirty.  But when we gaze upon each other, when we look each other in the eye, He looks at His church and says "muy bonito".  I want to be part of that church...


2 comments: