at the market...

See Trey's blog for the story (and some color) on our trip to the market.  After we left the market and got on the bus, the first thing that I did was text Sherri, Maci and Sadi to tell them that we had just bought 1000 oranges for right at $40 and we were headed to go give them away.  What an experience to buy the oranges from people that did not speak English!  Nobody in the "orange group" knew Spanish so we struggled through it.  We wanted to spread the wealth so we tried buying from multiple people, but that didn't work out so well.  We bought 500 oranges from the first guy and took them to the bus.  The second guy that we bought from was not getting what we were trying to say, so we stopped at 50 oranges and went back to our original seller for the remaining 450 oranges.  We also used a boy with a cart to take the oranges to the bus.  Quaid let him ride on top of the oranges on the way to the bus!  

These are random pictures from the short time at the market that day.  I could have spent all afternoon there taking pictures.  I know this seems strange, but I converted all of them to an antique plate in Silver Efex Pro.  I know it doesn't show the colors of the fruits, but again I love to focus on the faces and expressions.  One regret from the trip is that I didn't know Spanish.  More than anything I would love to know their stories...










No comments:

Post a Comment