view from a bridge...

Would have to say that taking pictures of landscapes is not one of my favorite things to do.  When I see landscapes, I usually am in a hurry and I always seem to think that I will come back some other day to get the picture.  Unfortunately, that day never seems to come.  Also, it is all about being in the right place during the right time of day.  The best pictures are at sunrise and sunset.  Sunrise is not necessarily my cup of tea (because I would rather be drinking coffee and watch the sunrise) and sunset seems to always get here before I get to where I want to be.  Sherri told me about this river (South Sulfur) passing under highway 224 going from Commerce to Greenville.  Passed it several times, but just never noticed anything special.  Was coming back from Commerce on Saturday and thought I better at least try to get something worth keeping (mainly to let Sherri know that I was listening to her).  The light wasn't perfect, but it seemed to be good enough to get a picture.  Had to increase the contrast and saturation a little bit to darken the highlights.  The sky directly above the trees was washed out.  Almost appeared to be a haze in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment