can somebody give me a hand with this...

Here is a photo of Tyler and Maci's hands.  Always looking for something new to stretch my picture-taking abilities.  Taking pictures of people is easy, because the expressions set the mood or the make the picture interesting.  Taking pictures of landscapes or architecture gives you a chance to convey the beauty or majesty of something.  But hands...  How much can you portray with hands? Plus, it is awkward taking pictures of people's hands.  We laughed because they kept getting cramps in their arms and fingers from the "hand poses".  

I looked through the images afterwards and this one was "hands down" the best image.  I converted it to black and white using the NIK Silver Efex Pro.  After all of this, I would have to say that I do believe there is a mood to the picture.  The black and white with a dark contrast gives the picture a mysterious tone.  And the placement of the hands (after 10-12 tries) seems to leave you expecting movement.  Seems as if I may be over analyzing the hands...


No comments:

Post a Comment