an afternoon on the town...

Took my 40D camera out on the streets of Greenville to try out a new lens that I bought.  The lens is the Lensbaby Composer (www.lensbaby.com).  It is definitely not a lens for the people who examine a photo for sharpness.  I would consider it an artsy lens that gets your creative juices flowing.  I bought it to use for some ideas that I have for Pyper and Sadi, however I wanted to take it around for a few days and photograph still life (things that don't move) to get used to the lens.  As you can see, the photos generally have one area that is in focus and the remaining parts of the photo are way out of focus.  If you are facing the sun, the lens flares really bad (see the first photo) across the photo.  This is a feature of the lens, not a flaw.  Everything about the lens is manual.  I really had a great time with this lens and I honestly think you can create better photos when you have to think through all aspects of the photo prior to taking the picture.  At least that holds true for taking pictures of things that don't move...











No comments:

Post a Comment